Before retiring and moving on to other interests, Mr. Fleck served as the Chief Financial Officer of Empower Energies. That hands-on experience serves the Board of Directors well.
Mr. Fleck provides significant finance and operations expertise in product development, manufacturing, and distribution, having served in senior positions at General Motors, including roles such as CFO of GM Powertrain and CFO of GM Global Product Development. He has managed teams of more than 700 professionals, handling finance for multi-billion dollar operating regions, business units, and joint ventures.
Mr. Fleck has also served as:
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for GM’s Latin America, Africa, and Middle East Operating Region.
- Executive Director, Finance for GM Global Product Development, Warren, MI, USA;
- Chief Financial Officer at GM Powertrain, Pontiac, MI, USA;
- Executive Director, Finance for GM North American Car Group (NACG), Warren, MI, USA;
- Controller for GM Europe Technical Development Center, Ruesselsheim, Germany;
- Controller at Vauxhall Motors Limited, Luton, UK;
- Director, Manager, Analyst on the GM Controller’s Staff, Detroit, MI, USA; and
- Supervisor, Analyst at GM Service Parts Operations, Swartz Creek, MI; USA
Mr. Fleck also continues his longstanding relationship with academia, serving as:
- Adjunct Faculty member at Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, USA; and
- Adjunct Faculty member at Walsh College, Troy, MI, USA.
Mr. Fleck holds both an M.B.A. and a B.B.A. from Western Michigan University. He attended the Harvard Business School Advanced Management Program and is a certified CPA.