November 1, 2023
In recent years, solar installations have been steadily increasing in Illinois, and it is easy to see why. Thanks to significant legislative initiatives such as the Illinois Adjustable Block Program, commonly known as “Illinois Shines,” the state has emerged as a thriving hub for non-residential solar projects.
On November 8 at 12:00 pm EST, Empower Energies will host a webinar called Illinois Shines: A Bright Future for Solar Energy. Our team will dive into the evolution of clean energy programs in Illinois and examine some case studies showcasing the impact of these incentives.
What to Expect
- History on clean energy and clean energy programs in Illinois, starting from FEJA in 2016 to the most recent CEJA in 2021
- An in depth look at CEJA aka the Clean Energy Jobs Act, which greatly expanded and added additional funding to the Adjustable Block Program (Illinois Shines)
- What the Adjustable block program entails and the opportunities available to Non-residential projects
- The Distributed Generation Rebate, which could cover up to 50% of the cost of deploying distributed solar and storage systems.
- Impact of the Federal ITC (Investment Tax Credit)
- A case study showcasing how Illinois’ programs dramatically improve the economics and payback of solar and energy storage projects in the state
- A state by state comparison of Illinois to other states leading the renewable industry
Daniel Murphy – Director of Policy and Regulatory Affairs
Daniel Murphy comes to the Empower Energies team with almost 10 years of experience in the renewable energy sector, working across various market segments, in development and policy roles. He has prior experience as the Manager of Utility and Regulatory Affairs at Qcells North America and as a Solar Sales Associate at 174 Power Global. Daniel is responsible for developing relationships with external stakeholders, analyzing regulatory actions, and staying up to date on renewable energy policies in the US and internationally.
Henley Odom – Director of Business Development
Henely Odom comes to Empower with over 8 years of experience in the renewable energy sector. Prior to his current role, Henley worked as the Director of Business Development at Renewvia Energy since August 2015. As Director of Business Development, he is responsible for developing renewable energy projects for the Fortune 500 and regional corporations.
Why should you sign up?
Understanding the benefits that can be offered to your corporation is important when deciding how to tackle your renewable energy project. Before developing in Illinois, it is important to understand how the Adjustable Block Program can be of benefit and what the implications of current federal programs, such as the Investment Tax Credit (ITC), are.
All attendees will receive access to the webinar recording and slides after the presentation and the final recording will be hosted on our website here.